Welcome to Speechbloguk!
We’re so happy to have you here. This site is a quickly growing one-stop shop for information, resources and advice on helping children with speech and language difficulties at home or at school.
Are you a teacher, TA or SENCO trying to support children with a range of difficulties in the classroom?
Are you a parent who is trying to understand your child’s difficulties and how to help?
Are you a busy speech therapist with a caseload that’s far too large and not enough time to source good resources to help the families and schools you work with?
We’re here to help! Want to get started straightaway? Click on one of the links below:-
During our 15 years+ each of experience working as speech and language therapists, we have learnt that good information and resources to help children with speech and language difficulties can be hard to find. We wished there was a website we could send families and schools to which would have links to everything they need to help the children they are working with. We couldn’t find one, so we built it!
More about us:-
We both work with children with a wide range of needs from 18 months to 11 years of age. We both have a particular interest in working with children with phonological (speech sound) difficulties and DLD (developmental language disorder). We both work full-time in independent practice, although we worked for the NHS for many years. We are passionate about improving speech and language skills through everyday life and through the school curriculum as well as within therapy sessions.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
The boring but important bit:-
We will link to other websites, blogs and resources. We take no responsibility for the content of other sites.
All the content on the site is copyrighted to us unless otherwise stated.
– We only hold basic data about you such as your name and email address which we collect when you contact us.
– We make every effort to protect your information and won’t store it for longer than we need to.
– To provide some of our services we do need to share data with third parties. For example, our courses are run through Zenler. We have made every effort to ensure that these platforms are GDPR compliant.
– We will never sell your data to anyone for any reason at all
– We use email addresses for the purpose of sending out free content that we think you might find useful. We also send occasional information about our products including information about sales etc.