This time last year, Elizabeth and I were thrilled to become regular columnists on the fantastic Special Needs Jungle website. On the off-chance that you haven’t already come across this website, do go take a look at the wealth of information about anything and everything to do with SEN. In particular, if you need advice about EHCPs (these have now replaced Statements) this is the best source of information I have found yet about the changes.
Back to our posts!… We have written 8 posts over there this year, and we can’t choose which ones we like the best. So we thought we would link them all here so that you can have a look if you missed them.
If you need to know about referrals to speech therapy look at When and how to access speech and language therapy. And if you want to know what to say to the speech therapist when you get to the appointment, take a look at Top Tips for preparing for medical appointments.
We have written a series of posts about communicating with children with speech and language difficulties. Take a look at
- Nine Principles for supporting children’s comprehension
- Strategies to support expressive langauge
- How to communicate successfully with children with unclear speech
We’ve also written posts about our experiences working as speech and langauge therapists. Look at
- The importance of differentiation for children with special educational needs
- It doesn’t always work and that’s ok
- Learning to spot speech and language problems
And watch out for a post about developing language skills at Christmas – coming soon!…